Gabey D. is our wonderful firstborn son. He was diagnosed with A.L.L (Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia) in May 2007, and has been going through a 3 1/2 year chemo treatment. We are trusting God, and believe He will show Himself Mighty.

Monday, June 11, 2007

Yet another visit

This afternoon, I notice Gabey getting sluggish, and i kissed his forehead, and found it hot. :( When I took his temp, it was 102.1. I called, and they asked us to come in again. They said if I could get there before 3pm, I could go to the regular outpatient area, instead of the ER. I rushed us into the car. Poor Poppy had just stopped by when all this was going on, and I was too short, and not nice enough. I called and apologized later. Thank you so much Daddy, for the fruit, and food, and hats. You are awesome. I'm so sorry I wasn't more polite.

We did get there in time, and got to see Denise, and Jen. Since I didn't have Jeffie with me, I just had to leave the room when they canulated him again. The poor thing. They took more samples, and at first said for us to expect to be admitted.

Later, Denise came in, and had AWESOME news. Gabey's counts were 1500, and he wasn't neutropenic, so they said we didn't have to be admitted! (It must have been the Decadron they gave him while he was in the hospital.) They took another test for viruses, and gave him an antibiotic again. But they said, since he's not neutropenic right now, and he's got the symptoms of a regular cough and cold, that we don't have to go back in if we notice another fever, we can just give him Tylonol. They also said we could give him the triaminic strips for his cough.

Our next appointment is Thursday. If his cough is bad, or he's too congested, they'll have to hold off on the LP. I'm glad they're careful about it. Pray that his congestion clears up.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Shari, I'm sure your Poppy understood all too well that you were in a hurry.

I'm sure his only disappointment was that he wasn't able to visit.

I'm so glad Gabey's trip to the hospital was a short one. Keep that Tylenol on hand!
:)

~Kristi