Gabey D. is our wonderful firstborn son. He was diagnosed with A.L.L (Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia) in May 2007, and has been going through a 3 1/2 year chemo treatment. We are trusting God, and believe He will show Himself Mighty.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Last Day for Decadron!! WOOHOO

I've been counting the days til he's off the decadron. most of the side effects that he's dealing with right now, are from that.
the dr. said that his weight would go down fairly quickly after he goes off it.


Tomorrow is the big bone marrow, and lumbar puncture. This set of tests will determine what his next round of treatment is like. I probably won't know the results right away, but I'm praying that he's actually in remission, and gets to be on the "arm" that doesn't include the extra PEG shots. God knows what Gabey will need, and if he doesn't need them, I'm hoping the randomization puts him on the arm that doesn't do it.

3 comments:

POOH! said...

Good luck with the Lumber puncture etc. Im praying for you. Wendy, (Australia)

Kristi said...

Praying for the little fellow!! Shari, I just wanted to say that I've been inspired and in awe at your attitude during this time and how you have trusted the Lord and given Him praise through this whole thing with Gabey. You've been a blessing and an encouragement to me, my friend!

~Kristi

Shari said...

Oh kristi! i'm misting up here! thank you so much!

God really has been good. I've had some bad moments, but He's even brought me up from those. I'm so thankful. And He's just taking such good care of Gabey, it's a miracle!